Friday, April 4, 2008

Xenon is home!!


And he is looking much better. Still not sure how things are going to pan out, but it is good to have him here. He needs 200mL of fluids everyday yet and we have to go back on Monday for a recheck on his kidney function.
I set up a kitty buffet of sorts with different cat foods to see if I could entice him to eat something. He sniffed them, but he didn't eat anything yet. If he doesn't eat anything tonight I will have to force feed him. Not something I want to do, but if I must, then force feed I will. I think he's happy to be home - 5 days at the vet is not fun. I'm sure it's just like when people are sick... who wants to eat when they feel miserable. His other favorite foods include chips, turkey, string cheese, and french fries. So far he has only shown interest... no nibbles.
I can't thank our vet enough either. We normally go to the "cats only" part of the clinic and had to go to the other half on Monday when his regular vet was gone. It turned out to be a blessing because the care he received there was amazing. I don't think I have ever met a more caring, compassionate, and generous staff (and with all the pets, jobs, and volunteering we have had over the years, we have met many people in that field.. We really think that without them we would be picking up his ashes, and not our lovey kitty. Yes, there is a lot to be thankful of today!
[This photo is from 8.23.07]

No comments: